Tuesday 24 July 2012

Lake Louise


We left early Sunday morning (thank god this camp site didn't have as many mosquitoes) to go to Lake Louise. It has become a big touristy area in the past years. The lake was named after Queen Victoria`s 4th daughter. The lake itself is cold because it is glacial water coming from the Victoria Glacier.
We went to go and check out the Lake Louise Fairmont for a magnet-my collection is really coming along- and we also had to use the washroom. Bill had gone before us and said they were Regal, and he was right! The stalls had wooden doors and marble dividers. Then we went to the Balcony and pretended we stayed there.
Then we headed off to Calgary! I was looking for wild life that lives in the rockies, and certainly a moose. I was looking in the marshy areas that Bill said they liked to hang out in and I saw one!! It was just a quick glimpse and not for long but I still saw one! Though we couldn’t slow down for a picture.
 Camp G2, second night
Wilma, Fran, Gary

 Our houses for the night

 Lake Louise
Samantha

 Lake Louise
Fran and Bill

We stayed at the Fairmont

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha, Bill! I work with Bill here in Montreal. I just want to congratulate you on an amazing blog! It's really cool to read. I'm 27 now, but when I traveled across Canada with my parents, I was in the car playing Gameboy most of the time! Here you are documenting this amazing adventure. And you're in great company as well. Enjoy! Sincerely, Matthew

    ReplyDelete