Thursday 19 July 2012

The scare of my life

So after Yale, we made our way to the Alexandra Bridge. On the little walk down you have to go across the CNR train tracks. When you reached the bridge the deck of it was a grill do you could see the rushing water underneath. The bridges arch's were beautiful but some gratified on it so that kinda ruined the whole thing.
Down on the rocks were some First Nations fishing with these big nets waiting for the fish going upstream to go to this little rest spot where there nets were.
On the way back, the train tracks were making this weird humming sound. I  was standing on thee train tracks, asking Bill what it was. he got it confused with something else so I ask again when  I hear the train horn. I jump out of my skin and bolt it halfway up the hill. I was scared half to death! The train was just coming around the corner but it came by really fast. SO I realized that the humming was the train coming closer.
We then go back to the car and have a little picnic then head off on the road again.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Scary. I guess you won't make that mistake again. Glad you got off safe.

    ReplyDelete